Elpam Electronics provides a solution to warn people of tsunamis and other natural disasters.
Facts About Tsunamis
- A small tsunami at one beach may be a giant tsunami a few miles away.
- A tsunami can strike anywhere and at any time along the U.S. coastline, Western Australia, Pacific region (Japan, Korea, China), Indian Ocean and any Coastal Areas.
- The only warning you may have is an earthquake, but not every earthquake will generate a tsunami.
- Tsunamis can reach the coast within minutes of an earthquake.
Tsunami Warning System Environment
- Sensor system for the detection of the earthquake and the tsunami wave.
- Data transfer from surface to the processing centers
Data processing and data management:
- Data collection and processing at the processing centers
- Derivation of alert messages including maps with evacuation routs
Alert Signal & Messaging:
- Through the internet (LAN/WAN, VPN), digital or analog VHF/UHF radio, digital radio TDMA, GSM, GPRS, WiMax, and conventional PSTN lines or leased lines.
- To Electronic Sirens and Cellular phones, including evacuation routes.
A- Sensors – Monitoring System: can be directly connected to the Satellite, Elpam Siren, or can be transferred to the control center.
B – Satellite System: for data transfer from the monitoring system to Control or Activation of individual sirens.
C – Control Center: Activates the sirens
D – ELPAM Electronic Sirens: EL3000 high power, acoustic electronic siren equipped with alternate batteries for the case of outage and solar panels that do not require any external power supply.
Read more about: